Table of Contents
Interior and exterior car wash is an essential task. A routine car wash safeguards the vehicle’s body from various environmental factors and other materials, such as splashing insects, bird droppings, and dust. If the car goes months without being washed, these materials can accumulate on the surface and harm the paint.
Just as the outside of the vehicle requires regular maintenance, so does the inside. If you want to know more about giving your vehicle an interior and exterior car wash, this article is exclusively for you!
This article will discuss interior and exterior car wash, car interior cleaning products, car exterior wash, and some tips and tricks to make the interior and exterior car wash easier and more effective.
Before heading to the cleaning products, let’s start with the interior and exterior car wash.
Interior And Exterior Car Wash
Giving your vehicle an interior and exterior car wash can be hectic and time-consuming, and taking some time off is essential.
Steps To Interior Car Wash
For cleaning interior car wash, you will require the following things:
- Shampoo (for the fabric of seats only)
- Leather conditioner and cleaner (in case of leather seats)
- For dashboard use protectant
- Use detergent for pedals
- A portable vacuum cleaner
Once you’ve gathered your items, the procedure is relatively concise and as follows:
- Before commencing to clean, read the directions on each product’s label.
- Then, lightly wash the fabric seat covers to eliminate filth and absorbed fluids. When working with leather seats, take particular precautions and read the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Clean the dashboard and the pedals.
- With your portable vacuum, vacuum the whole inside.
- Now you may proceed to the Car Exterior wash.
Steps To Car Exterior Wash
For a car exterior wash, you will need the following items:
- A big bucket
- A hose
- A soft sponge, a chamois towel, and a gentle wash mitt
- Detergent liquid
- Plastic shine
- Metal shine
- a buffing cloth or sponge
- Waxing a car
- A toothbrush or a specific finishing brush
You may start washing your car when you have all your car wash materials!
Careful not to clean your vehicle on a hot or sunny day since this may cause the water to dry up too soon, leaving you with soap streaks on your car.
Alternatively, wait for a cloudy day or bring the car into the shelter before starting.
- Begin by hosing down the whole vehicle. Wet down the entire car to loosen surface-level debris and remove muck and dirt from the wheels.
- Next, take your sponge and scrub the wheels well. It will keep dirt from the roughest portion of the car from being moved somewhere later.
- Now, using your wash mitt, carefully scrub the car’s bodywork. Lambswool works best in this situation since anything too abrasive may ruin the paintwork. Remember to be cautious when drying the car with a chamois.
- Use a toothbrush or detailing brush to remove dirt from gaps in the bodywork.
- Polish any exposed metal, but be cautious not to apply metallic polish on non-metal surfaces, and always follow the product’s manufacturer’s directions.
- Next, wash and polish your indicators, headlights, and brake lights using your plastic polish. Dirty headlights look ugly and may also cause traffic accidents. Thus this step is essential.
- Apply the wax. Remember to polish your wheels in addition to everything else.
- Finally, wash the windows. While soap and water will work, glass cleaners will always produce superior results.
The following are some car washing tips to keep in mind:
- Vacuum your car seats regularly to avoid dirt buildup.
- Cleaning your car in bright sun or on a hot day is not advisable.
- To wipe the outside of your vehicle, use a chamois.
Now that we’ve gone over the interior and exterior car wash, let’s explore some cleaning products for your vehicle.
Car Interior Cleaning Products
Are you looking for car interior cleaning products? You have come to the right place.
We’ve compiled a list of the top car interior cleaning products so you don’t have to worry about purchasing and then suffering the purchaser’s regret.
The Griot’s Garage For Interior Cleaning
You will not be disappointed using Griot’s Garage Interior Cleaners if you want to ensure each car dashboard panel appears clean and fresh.
It removes dust, debris, and oils from various surfaces, including fabric seats and leather interiors. It’s a fantastic product.
Adam’s Total Interior Cleaner
If you don’t want to use the Griot’s Garage, Adam’s Total Interior Cleaners is a solid second option.
It was challenging to decide between the 2 for the best cleaning product. Make it a tie because Adam’s creation also efficiently cleans dust and debris from every surface of a car’s interior.
However, if you use a cleaning product on a cloth, test it first, as it may not be suitable for all types of car upholstery. As an additional perk, this auto cleaner smells excellent.
Carfidant’s Ultimate Cleaner For Leather Goods
Carfidant’s Ultimate Leather Cleaners remains the favorite leather cleaner. It may remove years of filth caked on the surface of a leather seat, which is especially problematic in cars with light-colored upholstery.
The inside detailer then leaves a flawless surface for you to follow up with your favorite leather care conditioner. With this powerful cleaning, you can keep your leather interior and door panels supple and malleable.
Stoner’s Invisible Glass
Stoner’s Invisible Glass appears on both of Roadshow’s best cleansing product lists, but it is unquestionably a fantastic choice for cleaning windows.
It’s challenging to generate streaks with this product and it offers a wonderfully clean finish for the dirtiest inside windows. You’ll probably end up using them in your house.
Armor All Car Cleansing Wipes
The iconic Armor All cleansing wipes perform a decent job of wiping dust and grime off surfaces. Because they’re so thin, these internal car care wipes offer the perfect cleaning of hard-to-reach surfaces.
Using safe and reliable products for an interior and exterior car wash is essential for your vehicle to maintain its conditions and minimize cosmetic wear and tear from daily use.